Color Palette – Silver
Silver is a popular choice for weddings because of its elegance and versatility. It not only works well for every season, it is also perfect for almost any accent color. From chic and classy to shimmering and romantic, silver can set many moods. (community article)
Silver is a popular choice for weddings because of its elegance and its versatility. It not only works well for every season, it is also a perfect match for almost any accent color. From chic and classy to shimmering and romantic, silver is a color that can set many moods.
Why Choose a Silver Wedding Color Palette?
Generally considered one of the calming cools, silver is a neutral color that looks great alone or paired. Silver represents riches and glamour, but can easily be toned down to convey a sleek, elegant style. The primary appeal of this chic hue is how easily it adapts to any mood.
Silver Flower Ideas
Silver is probably not the color that comes to mind when you think of flowers but there are a few blooms with silvery hues and plenty of silver accents that can enhance your wedding. Lamb's Ear, also called Silver Carper, is ideal for an alter flower with its intriguing texture. Consider a few sprigs of English lavender for an aromatic silvery addition to your bouquet. Arrange blossoms of a complementary color in a silver vase or embellish with silvery bows and ribbons.
Colors That Complement a Silver Palette
- Blue and silver. Perfect for a winter theme, blue is probably the most popular hue to pair with silver. Choose pale blue for a soft and romantic mood or a darker navy for a more luxurious feel.
- Purple and silver. Whether you choose deep, royal purple or romantic, spring-like lavender, shades of purple add a magical flair to your silver wedding.
- Silver and white. Classical but not forgotten, silver and white are much more glamorous than they sound. These color choices are ideal for a fairytale theme and are elegant in any season.
- Red and silver. Red is a classy, bold complement to a silver wedding. While these colors work best for holiday and winter events, they'll work nicely with formal summer affairs as well.
- Pink and silver. Romantic, but elegant, pink and silver make a great pair for spring or winter. Pale pinks add a whimsical fairytale touch while darker shades lend a natural, timeless atmosphere.
Whether you're dreaming of a silvery winter wonderland theme or a romantic, classical wedding, a silver color palette is a choice that will make your wishes come true. The elegance of silver is perfect for weddings anytime of year and can easily pair with your favorite hues.